On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Michael Niehren <mich...@niehren.de>
wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> i see an security issue in the following scenario:

First, if you think you've found a problem with security implications,
*please do not post about it in a public forum*. Follow responsible
disclosure practices, as described at: http://guacamole.apache.org/security/

That said, this is not a security issue. More on this below.

Let's say, we have an user for which are 2 sessions configured. Now the
> user has been logged in into the guac-client and is connected to 1 session.
>
> I see, that the user does bad things in his session and i want do kick it
> off and disable his account. So i change his password and kick of the
> session.
> But he's still logged in in the guac-client and immediately he can
> reconnect
> the session.
>
> In the documentation i didn't find a possiblity to kick the login into the
> guac-client. The only option i found to influence the guac-client login is
> the "api-session-timeout", but this option only affects on inactivity.

I do agree that this would be a nice feature to have, but it is indeed a
feature, and its absence is not a security problem.

In the meantime, you can actually kick a user such that they cannot
reconnect by:

1) Revoking their access to the connection in question.
2) Killing their active session to that connection.

Though the user will still be logged in, access will now be denied if they
attempt to reconnect.

Maybe a new option "auto-session-logout" would be useful, which, if set,
> will
> automatically kick off the guac-login if the session is closed. So he can't
> login again as the password has been changed.
>
> What do you think about that ?

I think that if we're going to add a feature which allows administrators to
forcibly log off users, then we should add a feature which allows
administrators to forcibly log off users. No need to hack things together
with additional configuration parameters which happen to cover the need in
a specific case. In fact, given recent support for tracking user
login/logoff, I see the addition of admin UI sections for displaying user
login/logoff history as well as active user sessions as a good fit.