> - Get VNC to behave the way RDP does, where the resolution of the client
> is passed to the server at connection time and the remote display
> automatically sizes to the correct resolution specified by the client?
>
> I'm not certain how feasible the first option is in Guacamole; the second
> - getting VNC to dynamically pass resolution from client to server - is not
> possible, and is a limitation of the VNC protocol, not of Guacamole.  You
> can work around it using xrandr to add the client resolution and resize the
> VNC server display, but I don't know of a way to automate that process
> native to VNC.

Just one quick note of clarification, here - it looks like some VNC
client/server systems have implemented dynamic sizing support by extensions
the VNC (RFB, actually) protocol, but these extensions are very
product-specific and are not standardized across different pieces of
software.  So, supporting each of these implementations would be difficult,
and some of them would not be possible, for commercial products that do not
provide source code or documentation for their extensions.

-Nick