From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:01 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: LDAP restrictions

> Aside from the JIRA issue about contextless logins, if you have suggestions
> about how to more securely store the password for an LDAP search bind
> DN, you could file a JIRA issue for that, as well.

Like any managed language, the key for symmetrical encryption
has to be stored somewhere and it's no more safe in code than the
plain text copy of the credential. For years I've simply acknowledged
this a limitation and dealt with it, I am not sure there is a worthwhile
improvement possible here.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLEĀ

Done, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-536

Thanks for everything Nick, you have been a big help.
jlc