ah ok thanks for that, had assumed (due to install leaving the directory insitu) that the original tar folder was still required

thanks for that, coming from an MS background had assumed the guacd service would be centered around a specific executable

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare) wrote:
Hi,

The startup script for the server will go wherever you specify during
configuration prior to build and install. For example, this will put the
startup script in /etc/init.d:
./configure --with-init-dir=/etc/init.d

I believe the guacd executable typically goes into /usr/local/sbin by default.

When you execute "make install" it will indiciate where the complied libraries
(VNC, SSH, etc.) are going in its output. For example...
# make install
Making install in src/libguac
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zhz/guacamole/guacamole-server/src/libguac'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/zhz/guacamole/guacamole-server/src/libguac'
Libraries have been installed in:
    /usr/local/lib
This will typically be /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib64 depending on the your OS being 64-bit or not.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Jeff