On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:09 robertkwild <robertkw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have dual displays on desk, one is a local pc on one monitor and the
> other
> monitor connects to a multitude of different machines via a kvm matrix so
> the monitor thats hooked up to the kvm matrix i press ctrl+numlock to
> switch
> between all the different machines
>
> But theres no way for me to copy paste of the local machines to any of the
> machines on the kvm matrix
>
> Have i explained that well enough, sorry not very good

I believe I understand, but a couple of issues come to mind.  The biggest
one is that Guacamole's clipboard integration relies on the remote
protocols to function - that is, if you're connecting to a system via RDP,
the sync of the remote clipboard from the Guacamole client to the remote
desktop system uses the RDP connection.  As far as I know, there's no way
to separate the display part of RDP from the clipboard part, so it's not
really possible.  With VNC you might be able to do it, although I don't use
VNC enough to know if it actually supports clipboard sync, but since
connecting to VNC doesn't lock the display, you could connect and send
through the keystrokes from the admin machine to VNC while still viewing it
on the KVM.

However, I would ask the question: why not just make the second monitor an
extension of your desktop and use Guacamole and the appropriate display
protocols, and then only revert to the KVM when the machines are not
reachable?  This is even easier with IP KVMs ( I'm a huge fan of Raritan!)
because you actually don't need the physical console connection to the KVM
at all - you can just access the KVM interface via a web browser or client
application, and use that second monitor as a desktop extension.  Most of
those IP KVMs also support sending text to the remote system, which, while
not a full clipboard sync, does allow for easier transmission of long
strings of data from the client to the remote system.

In any case, what you're trying to do isn't, to my knowledge, possible -
you'd have to find something that could sync only the clipboard between the
admin station and the remote systems, and it doesn't really seem like a
good use-case for Guacamole.