Hi all,

I'm currently trying to figure out if and how a dynamic session creation mechanism can be implemented in a Guacamole extension. Let's say I have a bunch of machines which can host graphical desktop sessions and I have a script based mechanism to initiate the request to create such a graphical session on one of the machines and add the information about the session into the guacamole_db (SQL). If a user, who doesn't own a graphical session yet, logs in to Guacamole, I'd like to trigger/call the script in the backend which creates the session and adds the information to the guacamole_db.

I've looked through the extension mechanisms in Guacamole and it seems that event listeners could be used to trigger the mechanism in the backend on user login. Has someone knowing the architecture of Guacamole an idea whether

- the user will be connected to the just created session, if the session creation is done in a listener on an "AuthenticationSuccessEvent" happens,
- there's any way of informing the user about what's going on in the backend from within such a listener function (e.g., display a banner "Session creation pending. Please be patient." or something similar, until the session is ready for connection).

Thanks for any answer or tip.