Hi,

Firstly, let me say that I have been using Apache Guacamole for some time
now and find the convenience of the official Docker images really useful.
Guacamole has proved particularly useful at work and has become an integral
part of our support for remote workers.

For quite a while I have been fiddling with the branding of Apache
Guacamole using the guacamole/guacamole Docker image, namely swapping out
the logo, favicon and application title text for custom alternatives.
To accomplish this, I have successfully created an extension .jar file and
placed it in the $GUACAMOLE_HOME directory. However, I am not satisfied
with my solution as it requires some manual manipulation of a running
container.

If I use an unaltered version of the start.sh script then I lose my
branding after a container restart because the $GUACAMOLE_HOME directory is
deleted and recreated in the script. Also, if I use a docker volume bind
mount to provide my extension .jar, the container fails to start because
when the start.sh script tries to delete $GUACAMOLE_HOME, the extensions
directory is in use by the bind mount.

Currently, I have altered the start.sh script by removing the 'rm -Rf
$GUACAMOLE_HOME' line and replacing all 'ln -s' commands with 'ln -sf' so
that necessary files and directories persist after container restarts. Then
I use the 'docker container cp' command to copy my .jar to
/root/.guacamole/extensions in the running container. Then I restart the
container and my changes are displayed and persist after subsequent
restarts.

My plan is to create a new Docker image that contains the altered start.sh
script and base my future implementations off of that. Before I take that
course of action, I want to be sure that I haven't misunderstood how things
are working.

I have read a lot of documentation and I can't seem to find any other
resolution for this issue. I'm not sure whether or not I'm doing something
wrong or the start.sh script changes that I use should be made in the
source.

--
*Regards,*

*Chris*