Von: Nick Couchman [mailto:vn...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. Juni 2018 02:10
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: More containers?

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 10:23 AM Joachim Lindenberg <joac...@lindenberg.one
<mailto:joac...@lindenberg.one> > wrote:

Hell Nick, all,

I finally found some time to invest into experimenting with docker,
docker-compose, and guacamole. Good news is, I can run guacamole dockerized
now, even with docker-compose.

Now the challenges:

*       as I am running an extension I wanted to make this available in a
separate (data) container in order not to change your existing ones but expose
a data volume with the extensions directory. This appears to be difficult and
also depending on the version of compose (and file). Actually I gave up on that
one for now, but any suggestions or examples welcome.

This is not difficult, this is impossible.  The extensions *must* be in the
same container as the main Tomcat instance that runs Guacamole.  These
extensions are loaded by the Guacamole Client as it is deployed by Tomcat, so
it is really not possible to run extensions in separate containers.  It doesn't
matter if you're sharing the GUACAMOLE_HOME directory or the Tomcat WebApps
directory or the entire filesystem between two containers, you cannot run an
extension in a separate container from the main Guacamole Client (guacamole.war
file).

- Nick