Nick

So I read your response and this is fixed in v1.0 master or branch but as
users we don't know when that might become available.

Is there anyway to get this "fix" included into the current 0.9.14 release ?

/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:33:10: note:
‘__builtin___sprintf_chk’ output between 8 and 2055 bytes into a destination
of size 2048

There are a lot of 3rd party "build" scripts for Guacamole which I assume
fail now due to this and may be causing new users of Guacamole alot of
frustration trying to install it.

Searching for a solution myself I saw a long thread about this error on a
redhat user forum where they were blaming the failure to build guacamole on
the gcc compiler version and several other wrong conclusions.

Same thing with ubuntu users trying to build guacamole for the 1st time (I
use ubuntu 18.04 but know its not the gcc ver and was aware of your fix for
v1.0 Guacamole whenever it gets released.

Many of those people may not know to how or want to /"check out either the
master or staging/1.0.0 branch and build from there"  /

Thanks for fixing this tho' and I am looking forward to 1.0 appearing.

Brian

--
Sent from: