Hi Mike,

I will post my (sanitized) build instructions and configs to Gist or something
like that. That should hopefully make it easier to look at.

First I built plain vanilla with user-mapping.xml. It works great. Then I added
mysql and it works great as well, both with user-mapping.xml and without. Then
I tried header authentication with user-mapping.xml, with mysql only (blank
user-mapping.xml) and both. The result is the same. When I connect to guacamole
direct the login page shows and I can authenticate and see everything that has
been configured under the user profile. When I connect via the nginx proxy
there is no login box (as expected) but none of the user profile information
shows. It’s a “blank” page, no defined connections (neither user-mapping.xm nor
mysql) and just the basic settings menu. I tried with REMOTE_USER header and a
custom header. Result is the same.

The particulars:

Ubuntu 18.04
Guacamole 0.9.14
Guacamole-server and guacamole-client built from git, checked out the 0.9.14 tag

  *   Is permission to access specific connections granted to the user in MySQL
having the same username as the user authenticating with a header?

Mysql works fine when directly connecting to guacamole, without proxy or header
authentication. DB settings defined in guacamole.properties and user in mysql
match. Do I need to do something else for header authentication to allow
looking up information in the profile?

Thanks,
Adi