On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:09 AM Martin Herold <martin.her...@procal.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have installed Guacamole 0.9.12 and have RDP - Connection to Windows
> Server 2008.

You should probably look at a later version than that - 0.9.14 is the
latest released version, but 1.0.0 will be out very soon (by tomorrow, I
believe).

> If I print a PDF (450 kB) to Guacamole Printer, I see in the Printqueue,
> that the Printjob is about 5 MBytes big and it takes about 2 Minutes.
> If I save the PDF on my Client, the PDF Size is again 450 kB.
>
> A PDF with 2 MB size  have 15 MB in the Printqueue.

I would fully expect this behavior, and say that it's probably not just
Guacamole that behaves this way.  PDFs contain built-in compression
techniques, which means the size of the PDF at rest is going to be smaller
than the size of the actual data in the file.  When printing, either to
Guacamole's printer or to a physical printer or copier, the data has to be
uncompressed and rendered into a certain format based on the type of
printer, type of driver, etc.  Thus, it is not surprising, nor abnormal, to
expect that a file could increase to several times its size in the print
spool, depending on what it is in the file.

As far as the amount of time it takes, that's more a function of the
compute power and RAM available to you - because that data has to be
unpacked and rendered, the more RAM and faster CPU you have, the faster
that will happen.  With Guacamole, network speed may also impact that - the
speed between the remote system and guacd, the speed of the network between
guacd and Guacamole Client (if they aren't on the same host), and the speed
between the client browser and the system running Guacamole Client (Tomcat).