On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:39 PM Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 12, 2019, 07:29 Ciro Iriarte <cyru...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is the default configuration I get after installation:
>>
>> guacd-hostname: localhost
>> guacd-port:     4822
>> auth-provider: net.sourceforge.guacamole.net
>> .basic.BasicFileAuthenticationProvider
>> basic-user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml
>>

> These packages are looking fishy:
>
> * guacamole-client/guacamole-server is a strange dividing line for binary
> packages. You'd expect binary RPMs to be packaged based on the build
> artifacts, not the source repository names.

And we have a winner - your suspicions are correct!   I spun up an openSuSE
LEAP 15.0 system, added the repo, and installed the packages.  Here's what
I found...
- The guacamole-client package contains *all* of the authentication
providers, and installs them all into the extensions folder by default,
which means every authentication extension is enabled.
- While every authentication extension is enabled, there's almost no
configuration present in the provided guacamole.properties file, which
means it fails as soon as Tomcat starts up.
- So, after installing using this repo, you have to do a combination of
removing extensions from the extensions/ directory of GUACAMOLE_HOME and
configuration in guacamole.properties to allow the ones you do want to
start correctly.