On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 8:45 AM Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 1:57:56 PM GMT+2, Nick Couchman <
> vn...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > You probably want to be looking at the "catalina.out" file rather than
> the access log - it should have more detail, particularly related to errors
> and exceptions.  Depending on the Tomcat installation, this could also be
> > logged to Syslog (/var/log/messages or journalctl), so you just need to
> locate where it's logging these exceptions.  If an Internal Server Error is
> being generated then there is an exception being logged somewhere.
>

> Well, as I said earlier, I'm not really used to Apache Tomcat so I'm not
> sure where I misconfigured things related to logging.

No worries.  I'm not sure it's misconfigured, just need to make sure you're
looking in the right place.  We're here to help you :-).

> I posted my access.log before because my catalina log doesn't show
> anything useful to me.
> Here's the full catalina log on my system right after starting Tomcat up
> until I get an HTTP/500 reply on a client browser:
> https://pastebin.com/5HprbTNu
> I'm sure this is trivial, but for the life of me I haven't found the right
> Tomcat config setting for catalina.log...

You do not want catalina.log, you want catalina.out.  It's possible that
output is pointed somewhere else, but, in my experience, catalina.log and
catalina.out do not produce the same output - they are different files.
You want catalina.out.