On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 2:57 PM Lukáš Raška <lukasra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I guess the easiest solution would be to use two different guacd
> instances. Guacamole backend can use multiple guacd, but the frontend can
> only use single Guacamole server, afaik.

No, this is not true - you can configure multiple guacd instances and point
the same Guacamole Client instance at multiple ones.  Basically you'll end
up with a default guacd instance that will be used when no other instance
is present in the configuration for a connection.  This will either be
localhost (if nothing is configured) or whatever you've configured in
guacamole.properties.

On a per-connection basis, you can configure each connection to point to a
specific guacd hostname and port.  This is done in the Guacamole Proxy
section of the connection configuration, where you can specify the
hostname, port, and encryption method for guacd for that particular
connection.

> In case you can create persistent VPN tunnels to different sites, for us
> the easiest solution was to use Linux kernel network namespaces to separate
> those (basically what LXC / Docker does) and either run guacd locally or
> remotely.

There are definitely some creative things you could do with networking to
automatically route those guacd connections to the correct place without
having to specify parameters on a per-connection basis.  Using kernel
network namespaces or some iptables rules would do the trick.  You could
also using something like HAProxy and do the load balancing based on
destination address, I think.  Several good options for automating this.