On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 4:17 PM ab <anthony.atomict...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I figured I'd start by directing this question at the general list since It
> seems based on the description for the development list that it's more for
> folks who wish to contribute.

I saw you opened a JIRA issue for this - thanks for doing that.

> I noticed after deploying Guac in docker that the processes all run as the
> root user. Are there any plans to add support for specifying a user for the
> processes to drop privs to and run as instead of root? I am currently doing
> this rebuilding the containers for guacamole and guacd adding in my own
> user
> and using docker compose to exec all processes triggered within the
> container as that user. I feel like the option to specify this should be
> done upstream.

It sounds like you have already resolved this, so if you'd like to submit a
pull request with your changes, that would be great.  This would be done by:
- Forking the github repo and create a branch
- Make changes to your fork/branch and commit - commit messages should
contain the JIRA issue (GUACAMOLE-890: Good message here).
- Submit a pull request, also with the JIRA issue