The file system had gotten corrupted and they fixed that.  Once the VM came
back online, we were unable to get the web interface to come up.  We are using
Apache with a RapidSSL certificate, and we proxy the requests to the guacamole
backend as non ssl (i.e ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/guacamole).

Here’s what Red Hat had found in the logs that made them point me towards the
keystore, even though I know that the SSL certificate was working before the
disk corruption:

And you have some SEVERE logs in Tomcat:

~~~
INFO: Deploying web application archive /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/guacamole.war
Dec 26, 2019 10:48:10 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig execute
INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug
logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no
TLDs were found in them. Skipping u
nneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
Dec 26, 2019 10:48:10 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWARs
SEVERE: Error waiting for multi-thread deployment of WAR files to complete
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.InternalError: internal
error: SHA-1 not available.
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:832)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:495)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1713)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:337)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:388)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:333)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1136)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:819)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1571)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1561)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: internal error: SHA-1 not available.
        (...)
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SHA MessageDigest not
available
        at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:159)
        at java.security.Security.getImpl(Security.java:695)
        at java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance(MessageDigest.java:167)
        at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom.init(SecureRandom.java:106)
        ... 34 more
~~~

It seems that you tried to set up an SSL configuration, but your certificate
and keystore are incomplete. This is causing an error while deploying all
artifacts of Tomcat including the ROOT, manager and guacamole applications.

Thanks,
Harry