Von: Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Mai 2020 21:06
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Session Token in URL

On Tue, May 19, 2020, 11:52 sciUser <shulb...@securitycentric.net
<mailto:shulb...@securitycentric.net> > wrote:

What you want is what we do, we built a provisioning system that handles Just
In time (JIT) tokens and they expire after session is terminated, preventing
students from book marking the url.

The token is not part of any URL exposed to the user in that way. It's part of
REST requests made internally by JavaScript. You're not going to bookmark or
see a session token unless you go out of your way to do so and open up dev
tools.

The concern that a token may be inadvertently logged by a proxy is a valid one,
though, and we should look into changes to the REST services that would allow
the token to be provided through a header. I think the main difficulty there
would be with WebSocket, which lacks an API for setting headers.