Hi,

I have two questions for you: are you planning making screen recordings
with guacamole and then converting those recordings into video files once
you have it built? And what repository did you add to your CentOS install
to get ffmpeg, because as far as I can recall, CentOS 7 does not provide
ffmpeg or ffmpeg-devel in it’s official repos.

The reason I ask the first question is because if you’re not going to use
it to make screen recordings and convert them into video files, then you
can uninstall the ffmpeg dependencies and build guacamole without it. The
configure script will skip guacenc and guacenc is only used for converting
recordings into videos. So if you don’t need to do that, you can avoid this
build issue you’re having entirely.

If you are going to be making video files, then to help I need to know what
repository you added to get the ffmpeg dependencies. CentOS doesn’t have
ffmpeg in it’s official repositories and different third party repositories
have different versions of ffmpeg in it. It would also be helpful to know
what version of ffmpeg you got. You can test that by just running “ffmpeg”
and grabbing the header of text it prints out when it starts.

Sean