Jim,

I assume it's actually working?

At info/warning level I tend not to get to bothered about such log messages, indeed when I looked for info the (admittedly odd) [com.google.inject.internal.util.$Finalizer] entry the data I found simply said 'it could be safely ignored'. However others here may have better insight than me...

Depending upon how you configured it you could be outputting the debug detail to the console, this link may assist you in how/where to output to file: http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html