Timo,

If I understand your system correctly I suggest you're missing out on the full benefits of Guacamole.

My experience of VNC direct (which is what I take you to be doing) is that it can be quite slow, especially with limited bandwidth. Given the same bandwidth capacity I have found Guacamole to give a much improved experience.

Depending upon other things the Pi's are doing I expect you should have sufficient resource to run Guacamole on them. Out of interest I tried it on a Pi3 and it was ok - not as good as on a later Intel box, but more than adequate for 2G - a Pi 4 should be somewhat better.