On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 5:53 AM Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Here's what I did to make it work.
>
> I edited APP.NAME in
> /guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/translations/en.json

This has absolutely no impact on TOTP, and I do not recommend patching the
source like this. If you want to override translation strings, the way to
do this in a stable manner is with an extension:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext

Again, however, this has no impact on TOTP whatsoever. It's a coincidence
that the timing of this change correlated with TOTP working as expected.

and set the exact same string to totp-issuer.

Changing "totp-issuer" will also have no impact whatsoever. It's purely
cosmetic. It just tells the authenticator app what name to use for the
convenience of the user.

Rebuilt guacamole-client.

> Works now with authenticator apps.
>
> Any ideas why one can't customize totp-digits and totp-mode whlle using
> these apps (eg. Google Authenticator or MS Authenticator)?

THESE values (totp-digits and totp-mode) are the only change that you
needed to make, and the only reason that specific authenticator apps would
not work. Some TOTP apps like Google Authenticator will silently ignore the
TOTP digits and mode, instead assuming that the defaults will always be
used. The authenticator app then begins generating invalid TOTP codes.

You do not need to change "totp-issuer" or edit the source.