FWIW I have had to run ldconfig to update the linker cache after upgrades
before. That would be related to "guacd[777]: Starting guacd:
/usr/local/sbin/guacd: error while loading
shared libraries: libguac.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory", but the updatedb would fix the stale locate database,
which (should be) totally unrelated.
It looks like some systems' systemd has a ldconfig.service -- maybe that is
the case on your system and it ran ldconfig in the background while you
were troubleshooting and
resolved the linker issue.

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 4:14 AM Tuomas Kaijanen <tuo...@kaijanen.net.invalid>
wrote:

> Replying to myself. There was someting strange in my OS. I did run
> "updatedb" and everything started to work just fine.
>
> Regards
>
> - Tuomas
>
> On 2022-02-26 11:53, Tuomas Kaijanen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am moving form Guacamole Server 1.3 to 1.4 in Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS.
> >
> > Building from latest 1.4.0 version goes without errors, but Guacd wont
> > start
> >
> > systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Guacamole proxy daemon...
> > guacd[777]: Starting guacd: /usr/local/sbin/guacd: error while loading
> > shared libraries: libguac.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No
> > such file or directory
> > guacd[777]: FAIL
> >
> > The reason is quite obvious libguac.so.20 does not get generated.
> >
> > root@mole:/# locate libguac.so.20
> > root@mole:/# locate libguac.so.19
> > /usr/local/lib/libguac.so.19
> >
> > What could be the problem here?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > - Tuomas

Jonathan Hankins

Homewood City Schools

W: 205-877-4548

--
This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the