Jim,

What LDAP server are you using? Are you wanting multiple LDAP servers for
fault-tolerance / load balancing? If you are using AD LDAP, you can use the
DNS name of the domain instead of individual DCs and you will get DNS round
robin. I am not sure how the LDAP library that Guacamole uses handles this,
and I don't know if it has any logic to, e.g., try the 2nd IP if the first
one doesn't respond. You could probably also handle this kind of situation
with a load balancer (like haproxy) in front of your LDAP.

If you are trying to authenticate against multiple, different LDAP domains
(i.e., users in domain 1 OR users in domain 2), that'd be up to guacamole
to support, and I don't see anything indicating that in the documentation.

If you are in an AD situation where you have multiple domains all in one
forest and want to query across the forest, you can do that by querying the
Global Catalog port instead of the normal LDAP port, and enabling following
of referrals, I think. Your search filter would have to be permissive
enough to work for both domains, but not over-match, since you only get one
search filter.

Good luck!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 6:53 AM Jim Rx <jimr...@mail.com> wrote:

> We came upon this requirement yesterday -- how to I configure
> guacamole.properties so that there are multiple LDAP servers available to
> query? Can I simply have more than one ldap-hostname entries?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Jonathan Hankins

Homewood City Schools

W: 205-877-4548

--
This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the