On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 4:07 PM Nick Couchman <nick.e.couch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, everyone,
> I've posted a couple of times out this in various places, but I'm seeing
> some really odd behavior after version 1.4.0 for Ctrl-Shift-Alt sequences.
> I've used the Keyboard API tester, and I'm seeing a few oddities, there, as
> well. I will try to describe them as best I can, though it's a little hard
> to describe...
>
> First, I see an issue where, during the Ctrl-Shift-Alt keypress sequence,
> the Alt key-down doesn't get sent until another key is released. Here's the
> sequence that I press:
>
> * Press Control
> * Press Shift
> * Press Alt
> * Release Control
> * Release Shift
> * Release Alt
>
> Here is how the actual timing works out on the Keyboard API Test page:
> * Press Control
> guacamole keydown 0xffe3 Left control
> * Press Shift
> guacamole keydown 0xffe1 Left shift
> * Press Alt
> * Release Control
> guacamole keyup 0xffe3 Left control
> guacamole keydown 0xffe9 Left alt
> * Release Shift
> guacamole keyup 0xffe1 Left shift
> guacamole keyup 0xffe9 Left alt
> * Release Alt
>
> Two things jump out, here:
> * The "Alt" keydown doesn't get sent until the "Control" key is release.
> * Both the "Shift" and "Alt" keyup events occur as soon as "Shift" is
> released - while "Alt" is still pressed.
>
> The second interesting one is this:
> * Press Control
> * Press Shift
> * Press Alt
> * Release Alt
> * Release Shift
> * Release Control
>
> This results in the following sequence:
> * Press Control
> guacamole keydown 0xffe3 Left control
> * Press Shift
> guacamole keydown 0xffe1 Left shift
> * Press Alt
> * Release Alt
> guacamole keydown 0xffe9 Left alt
> guacamole keydown 0xffe7 Left meta
> guacamole keyup 0xffe7 Left meta
> guacamole keyup 0xffe9 Left alt
> * Release Shift
> guacamole keyup 0xffe1 Left shift
> * Release Control
> guacamole keyup 0xffe3 Left control
>
> The items of note, here, are that:
> * The Alt keydown is not sent until Alt is actually released.
> * The Meta keydown is sent along with the Alt keydown, which is completely
> unintended.

Just another note, here - the issue does not seem to be related to the
Control key - it's something about the Shift key. If I do the key sequence:
* Press Shift
* Press Alt
* Release Alt
* Release Shift

I see:
* Press Shift
guacamole keydown 0xffe1 Left shift
* Press Alt
* Release Alt
guacamole keydown 0xffe9 Left alt
guacamole keydown 0xffe7 Left meta
guacamole keyup 0xffe7 Left meta
guacamole keyup 0xffe9 Left alt
* Release Shift
guacamole keyup 0xffe1 Left shift

Additionally, if I use the Alt key on its own, or with other keys (letters,
for example), it works fine. And, if I press, Alt, first, and then Shift,
the keydown/keyup also works as expected. It is something about the Shift
-> Alt sequence.