On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 6:11 PM hatem eyada <hate...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm using Guacamole client example for some tests along with RDP/xrdp
> client/server (Guacamole release 1.5.0). I noticed that Guacamole full/formal
> client resizes whenever I resize my browser window (IE Edge in this case).
> But the example client starts with some initial width/height and doesn't
> resize whenever the browser window is resized.

Yes, the full client has the logic implemented to handle resizing. If
you're writing a custom client you will need to handle the browser
size changes and send the resize to the remote system. There are
several bits that handle this, but you can start, here:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/6ba8971fa610ba73f42ed78dfaa8b0df2a1926f7/guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/app/client/directives/guacClient.js#L390-L418

> I tried setting the initial display to the full window size, and the same for
> the Guacamole client display. But that seems to be overridden, and also I'm
> using Guacamole tunnel sendSize/SendMessage('size', new_width, new_height)
> upon browser resize which also has no effect. Same for "resize-method" set to
> "display-update" with no luck.

It's also worth noting that the remote server and remote protocol have
to support the dynamic resize. I use xrdp as a server with Guacamole,
but I rarely resize the interface during usage, so I don't actually
know if xrdp supports dynamic resizing.

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/6ba8971fa610ba73f42ed78dfaa8b0df2a1926f7/guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/app/client/directives/guacClient.js#L301-L305
https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/6ba8971fa610ba73f42ed78dfaa8b0df2a1926f7/guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/app/client/directives/guacClient.js#L321-L324