De: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Enviado el: viernes, 28 de abril de 2023 01:58 p. m.
Para: user@guacamole.apache.org
Asunto: Re: High availability and users can connect only once to Guacamole
Client page.

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 9:52 PM Gabriel Huerta Araujo
<huert...@globalhitss.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have 2 doubts:
>
> 1.- Guacamole is going to be installed on two servers, ¿is there a way to
> manage a high availability scheme (if one is out, the backup server
> automatically enters)?

There is currently no way to synchronize active sessions or logins between two
servers. You can certainly put the servers behind a load balancer, and send
sessions to multiple servers, but there is currently no way for one server to
know about sessions on the other server. There are two areas where this may
impact things, depending on how you use Guacamole:
1. If you use Guacamole to limit the number of concurrent sessions for a
connection, but you have multiple servers sharing those connections, the
concurrency limits won't be accurate. So, for example if you have a connection
that you limit to 10 concurrent connections, and you have
2 Guacamole Client servers, you could conceivably have up to 20 connections -
10 on each server.
2. If you use connection sharing, you'll likely have problems with the shared
links being invalid. A user may start up a connection on Server1, share the
connection, and then send out the link, and the person who is joining the
shared connection may be directed by the load balancer to Server2, instead.

If you don't care about connection concurrency limits and don't share
connections, then it probably won't impact you and you'll be okay using load
balancers.

> 2.- if a user accessed the Guacamole page with an account, he can not access
> the Guacamole page with the same account, via another computer?

There's not really any way to prevent a user from logging in from more than one
computer - at least, not the way it is currently implemented.
There are several default concurrency limits you can put in place, but nothing
that says, "If a user logs in from the IP address, don't allow them to log in
from anywhere else."

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#concurrent-use-of-guacamole-connections