This isn't official? I thought since it was in the docs and didn't say it
was 3rd party that it was.

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/0.9.0/gug/installing-guacamole.html#idp98448

It looks like flatpak is more desktop oriented, so snap may be the way to
go with that. That being said, containerizing stuff seems to be how Linux
is going to fix compatibility issues in many respects. I personally use
distrobox (with podman) where I can't get flatpaks or snaps to work on the
desktop for instance.