Thanks Robert, FWIW I was responding to your earlier post which said:

"If I can figure out how to get tomcat to pass the IP to guacamole so when someone logs into a server via guacamole it correctly logs the originator IP and failed logins that will work also but I am utterly unfamiliar with tomcat"

Which I took to mean you wanted the connection data that's already provided in the referenced log? You could of course run a fail2ban recipe for Tomcat.

So while I have probably got the wrong end of your meaning I do understand that you're still trying to deal with the noauth issue .. to that end I don't suppose you've thought about LDAP as a common system across your various options? Guacamole has an option for that (https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.html), and although I've not had occasion to use it myself I understand various people are doing so successfully.