I've had success connecting with setting security mode to 'Any' and
checking the 'Ignore server certificate' box.

Note that the Gnome user has to be logged on in an active session on
the Linux box (I'm using Fedora) before connecting otherwise you get a
'the remote desktop server has forcibly closed the connection'...  I
believe there are changes coming that will allow a connection at any
time but for now an RDP connection requires the user to have an active
session not locked.

Les