I am repro'ing with the Docker image (slightly customized, otherwise I
would've shared repro steps, working on that), so that helps.

I did some research. alpine:3.17.6 through alpine:3.18.5 appear to all have
the same version of openssl1.1-compat-dev
<https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/a575af63ef5b4c8b1804999f211ebeb270992b5a/Dockerfile#L45>
(1.1.1u-r1). I'm checking with `apk add --no-cache --simulate
openssl1.1-compat-dev`, let me know if that's not to be trusted for some
reason. No surprise that it repros when the image is built with something
older, like alpine:3.18.2.

Nick, even though you can't reproduce it, could you share your openssl
version?