From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 7:02 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: server fails to compile

On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 6:40 PM Jim Ham
<jim...@porcine.com<mailto:jim...@porcine.com>> wrote:
Guacamole 1.5.4, from the tar on the website. I did the ./configure and
then ./make. Many files compile just fine, but the task ends with the
following error:

<code>
CC       guacenc-video.o
video.c: In function ‘guacenc_video_alloc’:
video.c:64:22: error: assignment discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer
target type [-Werror=discarded-qualifiers]
    64 |     container_format = container_format_context->oformat;
       |                      ^
video.c:67:22: error: initialization discards ‘const’ qualifier from
pointer target type [-Werror=discarded-qualifiers]
    67 |     AVCodec* codec = avcodec_find_encoder_by_name(codec_name);
       |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

<\code>

I'm compiling on a Raspberry Pi 4. GCC gives me the following version:

gcc (Raspbian 12.2.0-14+rpi1) 12.2.0

Any suggestions?

This has already been fixed in the Git code in the master branch, targeted for
version 1.6.0:

You can back-port the patch to your source tree code if you'd like to fix it
immediately:

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/apache/guacamole-server/pull/399.patch