From: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2024 13:26
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: CAUTION: External Email - Subj: Re: RDP Installation Issue

You don't often get email from vn...@apache.org<mailto:vn...@apache.org>. Learn
why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:47 AM Michael Grattan
<mgrat...@keysso.net.invalid<mailto:mgrat...@keysso.net.invalid>> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried dnf install freerdp-devel but it says no match.

A dnf search freerdp turns up only the following:

# dnf search freerdp
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:30:11 ago on Mon 29 Apr 2024 11:03:34 AM EDT.
========================================================== Name Exactly
Matched: freerdp ==========================================================
freerdp.x86_64 : Free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
============================================================== Name Matched:
freerdp ==============================================================
freerdp-libs.x86_64 : Core libraries implementing the RDP protocol
freerdp-libs.i686 : Core libraries implementing the RDP protocol

Is there somewhere else I need to go to download the developer libraries?

Yeah, if you're using one of the later EL-based distros (Rocky 9, CentOS 9
Stream, or RHEL 9) you might need to enable additional repos. For example, in
Rocky 9, it's the "crb" repo:

$ sudo dnf list freerdp-devel
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:13 ago on Mon 29 Apr 2024 01:25:03 PM EDT.
Available Packages
freerdp-devel.i686
                 2:2.4.1-5.el9
                           crb
freerdp-devel.x86_64
                 2:2.4.1-5.el9
                           crb

-Nick
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the M.C.S.O. Whether you know
the sender or not, do not click links or open attachments you were not
expecting.