The issue should only affect the ability to see the LDAP users in the
admin pages. That's the only place that a query retrieving all users
is attempted.

The authentication process involves either (1) binding using a DN
derived directly from the username provided or (2) binding using a
dedicated search DN for the sake of querying the DN of the user having
the username provided, and then binding as THAT user. At most,
authentication will involve retrieving a single entry; nothing near
the default limit of 1000 entries.

- Mike