On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Christian Kraus <christian.kr...@ckc-it.at>
wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>

> thanks for your quick responce, so i’ll wait for RC – is there a time
> frame lets say Q1 17 or so ?

No, that's not really possible at this point. The release process has
started, so hopefully it's just a matter of days, but it's impossible to
schedule the end.

As a project under the Apache Incubator (a "podling"), there are two votes
which must pass before a release can be made. The first vote involves the
PPMC (the management committee of the podling) and the project's mentors
(which are by definition part of the PPMC). This vote has already been
started, and it has been running for long enough that a result *could* be
called, except that we do not yet have enough responses:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-
guacamole-dev/201611.mbox/%3CCALKeL-PJ7JO7tAkAh2POXsDR9%
2Bcc8N9zY4ZZB_tfLgdEQJ5wFg%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Assuming the above vote does eventually pass, we must still call a vote at
the Incubator level. The IPMC (the management committee of the Incubator)
votes on that one.

Until both of these votes pass, there is still a chance that an issue will
be identified resulting in a negative vote which leads to another RC, and
the process repeats.

- Mike