From: Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 14:31
To: "user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org" <user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: groups for user .

On Jun 20, 2017 11:25 AM, "Alder, Steve"
<steve_al...@csx.com<mailto:steve_al...@csx.com>> wrote:
Thank you so much for the information, and responding.  I am currently in an
environment with multiple thousands of user accounts, and am just POC’ing
Guacamole as a replacement for an existing commercial product.  I think the
inability to assign connections (natively) via group membership might be
show-stopper for us at this point.

What about leveraging LDAP or AD?

Though guac's database backend doesn't implement user groups, the LDAP backend
inherently does. Connections themselves are defined using a group-type object.

- Mike

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.