Evening

So I setup a dump for the next time it happened however it failed with
permissions on the folder I used.

First error

21:10:19.472 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper -
Unexpected internal error:
### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in
your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
for the right syntax to use near 'AND user_id = 19
            AND permission = 'READ';

        SELECT primary_co' at line 15
### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/connection/ConnectionMapper.xml
### The error may involve defaultParameterMap
### The error occurred while setting parameters
### SQL: SELECT             guacamole_connection.connection_id,
connection_name,             parent_id,             protocol,
max_connections,             max_connections_per_user,
proxy_hostname,             proxy_port,             proxy_encryption_method
    FROM guacamole_connection         JOIN guacamole_connection_permission ON
guacamole_connection_permission.connection_id =
guacamole_connection.connection_id         WHERE
guacamole_connection.connection_id IN                           AND user_id = ?
            AND permission = 'READ';          SELECT primary_connection_id,
guacamole_sharing_profile.sharing_profile_id         FROM
guacamole_sharing_profile         JOIN guacamole_sharing_profile_permission ON
guacamole_sharing_profile_permission.sharing_profile_id =
guacamole_sharing_profile.sharing_profile_id         WHERE
primary_connection_id IN                           AND user_id = ?
AND permission = 'READ';
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have
an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND user_id = 19
            AND permission = 'READ';

Second Error

Dumping heap to /home/NOTREALUSER/java_pid15204.hprof ...
Unable to create /home/NOTREALUSER/java_pid15204.hprof: Permission denied
Aug 07, 2017 9:05:07 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor
doRun
SEVERE:
        at sun.util.resources.TimeZoneNames.getContents(TimeZoneNames.java:285)
        at
sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.loadLookup(OpenListResourceBundle.java:137)
        at
sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.loadLookupTablesIfNecessary(OpenListResourceBundle.java:128)
        at
sun.util.resources.OpenListResourceBundle.handleKeySet(OpenListResourceBundle.java:96)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.containsKey(ResourceBundle.java:1807)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleResources.getTimeZoneNames(LocaleResources.java:263)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.getDisplayNameArray(TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.java:124)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.getDisplayName(TimeZoneNameProviderImpl.java:99)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getName(TimeZoneNameUtility.java:240)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getObject(TimeZoneNameUtility.java:198)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility$TimeZoneNameGetter.getObject(TimeZoneNameUtility.java:184)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleServiceProviderPool.getLocalizedObjectImpl(LocaleServiceProviderPool.java:281)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.LocaleServiceProviderPool.getLocalizedObject(LocaleServiceProviderPool.java:265)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility.retrieveDisplayNamesImpl(TimeZoneNameUtility.java:166)
        at
sun.util.locale.provider.TimeZoneNameUtility.retrieveDisplayName(TimeZoneNameUtility.java:137)
        at java.util.TimeZone.getDisplayName(TimeZone.java:400)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subFormat(SimpleDateFormat.java:1271)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:966)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:936)
        at java.text.DateFormat.format(DateFormat.java:345)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.http.FastHttpDateFormat.getCurrentDate(FastHttpDateFormat.java:117)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.prepareResponse(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1534)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.action(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:739)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:179)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.sendHeaders(Response.java:350)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:335)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:317)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:110)
        at
com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent$Writer.flush(WebComponent.java:315)
        at
com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse$CommittingOutputStream.flush(ContainerResponse.java:145)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8Generator.flush(Utf8Generator.java:1085)
        at
org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.writeValue(ObjectMapper.java:1606)

Followed by

SEVERE:Memory usage is low, parachute is non existent, your system may start
failing.
[...]

I will adjust the dump for next time.

As noted the machine has 4GB of ram and around 7 users with 3-4 concurrent
connections.
In 4 months on 0.9.12 I experienced an issue once which required blipping
tomcat but did not delve into it so cannot confirm if the issue was related.

Looking at the glaring error it appears to be JDBC/MYSQL related.

To give some knowledge I did upgrade the database schema and also downloaded
the 5.1.43 JDBC driver.

Anyway it is late here in Australia and I need to get some sleep.
Will update tomorrow with MYSQL version etc if requested.

Cheers

JAMES FRASER • MICROSOFT SYSTEMS ENGINEER