So, I believe X11vnc is a VNC server designed to mirror a "real" display
(physical system, for example) of a VNC connection, correct?  If so, it likely
means that the physical display, and, thus, the X11vnc connection was started
with a specific resolution, which is probably why you're getting that
resolution.  1360x768 sounds very much like a not-too-uncommon laptop display
resolution, although you did say desktop.  Based on some quick Google
searching, it doesn't look like X11vnc is capable of expanding to the display
size of the client, since it's copying a physical display.  It's different from
RDP in that regard - it's literally a copy of the physical display - RDP locks
the physical display and switches over to a virtual display when you connect
(almost like connecting an external monitor to a laptop and then switching over
to that external display).
If you absolutely must copy the physical display, I think you're out of luck,
here.  If you don't care about the physical display, then you could start up a
VNC server with whatever resolution you want, point it at a desktop manager,
and accomplish what you're trying to accomplish.  There is some support for
XRandR in VNC, though I'm not sure how fully it's supported, so I don't know
that you could get the full resize experience you get when you use RDP, e.g.
for various client display sizes, etc.  Maybe someone on the list has better
experience with Guacamole, VNC, and display resolutions - my experience is
limited to RDP and SSH.
-Nick

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 9:02:59 AM EDT, brian mullan