1)  Phoenix can be used on top of hbase for richer querying semantics. That
combo might be good for complex workloads.

2) SolrCloud also might fit the bill here ?

Solr can be backed by any HAdoop compatible FS including HDFS, and it's
resiliant by that mechanism, and offers sophisticated indexing and searching
options.

Although the querying is limited...