Thanks a lot for the answer!

If you don't mind help more on this, here is what I am seeing.

- The NameNode/DataNode and ResourceManager/NodeManager were running for 6
months before I discovered that the job history server was not running.
After bringing up the job history server, I saw like 2k+ jobs showing up
from the history server web ui. But then the job history server got
restarted, and I don't see any jobs more than 7 days old showing up in the
history web ui.

- I've disabled the cleaner in the config file.

My question is, is there a way to find/recover the job history files more
than 7 days old? I read that the container logs are stored locally in the
NodeManger user log dir, and there are files (I have not dig through them
yet). I am not sure if the deleted job history files (by history cleaner)
are not easy to recover.

Thanks in advance,
Boyu