From: Naganarasimha G R (Naga) [garlanaganarasi...@huawei.com]
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 7:20 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: hadoop not using whole disk for HDFS

Hi Bob,

1. I wasn’t able to set the config to /home/hdfs/data. I got an error that told
me I’m not allowed to set that config to the /home directory. So I made it
/hdfs/data.

Naga : I am not sure about the HDP Distro but if you make it point to
/hdfs/data, still it will be pointing to the root mount itself i.e.

    /dev/mapper/centos-root     50G     12G     39G     23%     /

Other Alternative is to mount the drive to some other folder other than /home
and then try.

2. When I restarted, the space available increased by a whopping 100GB.

Naga : I am particularly not sure how this happened may be you can again
recheck if you enter the command "df -h <path of the NM data dir configured>"
you will find out how much disk space is available on the related mount for
which the path is configured.

Regards,

+ Naga