HI Frank

Ideally those containers will be preempted if there are unsatisfied demand
for "configured label".

I could explain this:
"labelA" has few empty resources.  All nodes under "default" label is used.
Hence a new application which is submitted to "default" label has to wait.
But if "labelA" is non-exclusive and there are some free resources, this
new application can run on "labelA".
However if there are some more new apps submitted to "labelA", and if there
are no more resources available in "labelA", then it may preempt containers
from the app which was sharing containers earlier.

May be you could share some more information so tht it may become more
clear. Also I suppose you are running this in hadoop 3 alpha1 release.
please correct me if I m wrong.

Thanks
Sunil