Hi Guys,

Did rolling upgrade from hadoop 2.5.2 to hadoop 2.7.2 and *did not finalize*
the upgrade. Now I wished to rollback to 2.5.2 version based on reference
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html#Rollback>
.

Starting Name node 1 as active with *-rollingUpgrade rollback*, it gets
shuts down with the following exception,

*org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.IncorrectVersionException: Unexpected
version of storage directory ..\Metadata\data\dfs\namenode. Reported: -63.
Expecting = -57.*

There is already a task regarding this but the status is *Open*.

Please let me know are there any *work around *to rollback HDFS from
rolling upgrade without any issues.

Thanks,
Dinesh Kumar P