Dn1 and Dn2 is re-started successfully..? can you check the DN logs..?

--Brahma Reddy Battula

From: omprakash [mailto:ompraka...@cdac.in]
Sent: 20 July 2017 12:12
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Namenode not able to come out of SAFEMODE

Hi all,

I have a setup of 3 node Hadoop cluster(Hadoop-2.8.0). I have deployed 2
namenodes that are configured in HA mode using QJM. 2 datanodes are configured
on the same machine where namenode are installed. 3rd node is used for quorum
purpose only.

Setup
Node1 -> nn1, dn1, jn1, zkfc1, zkServer1
Node2 -> nn2, dn2, jn2, zkfc2, zkServer2
Node3 -> jn3,  zkServer3

I stopped the cluster for some reason(power recycled the servers)  and since
them I am not able to start the cluster successfully. After examining the logs
I found that the namenodes are in safe mode and none of them are able to load
the block in memory. Below is the status of namenode from namenode UI.

Safe mode is ON. The reported blocks 0 needs additional 6132675 blocks to reach
the threshold 0.9990 of total blocks 6138814. The number of live datanodes 0
has reached the minimum number 0. Safe mode will be turned off automatically
once the thresholds have been reached.

61,56,984 files and directories, 61,38,814 blocks = 1,22,95,798 total
filesystem object(s).

Heap Memory used 5.6 GB of 7.12 GB Heap Memory. Max Heap Memory is 13.33 GB.

Non Heap Memory used 45.19 MB of 49.75 MB Commited Non Heap Memory. Max Non
Heap Memory is 130 MB.

I have tried increasing the HADOOP_HEAPSIZE, increasing the heap size in
HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS but no success.
Need help.

Regards
Omprakash Paliwal
HPC-Medical and Bioinformatics Applications Group
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
Pune University campus,
PUNE-411007
Maharashtra, India
email:ompraka...@cdac.in
Contact : +91-20-25704231

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]