Hi all,

As OpenSSL 1.0.2 EOL is getting closer (end of this year [1]) I tried to
run Hadoop with OpenSSL 1.1.1d, but running the checknative command gives
false for the openssl library.

openssl: false EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup

If I downgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.2s, it shows true and the path to
libcrypto.so library on my system. I searched for the
EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup function and according to [2] it was removed on
OpenSSL 1.1.0. Can you tell me if Hadoop supports OpenSSL 1.1.1 or if it is
planned to be supported at any time in the future?

Regards,

Gonzalo

[1] https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html

[2] https://stackoverflow.com/a/39762336

--
Run your favorite apps in the cloud with Bitnami
Confidential - All Rights Reserved.