MapReduce Application can be configured to notify the status on completion
through mapreduce.job.end-notification.url.
Need to write a webservice to collect the status and send email to users.
Below has examples

https://hadoopi.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/hadoop-get-a-callback-on-mapreduce-job-completion/
https://amalgjose.com/2015/07/21/notification-on-completion-of-mapreduce-jobs/

Other applications Spark, TEZ does not have similar way. YARN also does not
have a generic way to notify.
Will suggest you to write a service which checks job status periodically
using YARN REST Api and notify
users with status and application logs. The interval should be higher else
it will overload YARN.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Hi-I-have-a-query-in-Spark-How-to-set-up-email-notification/td-p/117924