Depends on what the script does? Of it's launching a job on a remote
cluster then yes.

Bit of script does something more and needs to run for longer than no.

But if script it on a remote system, not what you asked but an alternative
see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39574653/error-executing-pigserver-in-java