The file was in progress? In that case this is possible, once the data gets persisted on the disk of the datanode then the data loss ain’t possible.

If someone did a hflush and not hsync while writing and the power loss happens immediately after that, so in that case also I feel there is a possibility that data might get lost post restart.

Rest if the file was complete, then I don’t think in any circumstance data should get lost

-Ayush