Looks like your .META. is confused about things, or your master is
editing it in a weird way. AFAIK, it's not a known issue with 0.20.5.

I would advise first scanning the .META. table and look if your rows
are changing between shell invocations (just look at the first row of
each table).

If it does change, look at what the master is doing by tailing its log
file, it could be hung disabling tables or something weirder.

If you can't figure it, feel free to pastebin the outputs so we can
look at them.

J-D