From: Thomas Downing <tdown...@proteus-technologies.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Fri, Aug 6, 2010 11:39 am
Subject: Re: How to delete rows in a FIFO manner

Thanks for the suggestions.  The problem isn't generating the
Delete objects, or the delete operation itself - both are fast
enough.  The problem is generating the list of row keys from
which the Delete objects are created.

For now, the obvious work-around is to create and drop
tables on the fly, using HBaseAdmin, with the tables being
time-bounded. When the high end of a table passes the expiry
time, just drop the table. When a table is written with the first
record greater than the low bound, create a new table for the
next time interval.

As I am having other problems related to high ingest rates,
the fact may be that I am just using the wrong tool for the job.

Thanks

td