From: Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 11:30 pm
Subject: Re: HBase map reduce job timing

Ah ok, then using the write buffer should get you the speed you need
(providing that you have the hardware capacity and that you use HTable
in a efficient way).

In setup() set this to false on all 3 htables:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#setAutoFlush(boolean)

In cleanup() call this on all htables:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#flushCommits()

Also to make your maps faster you could set this to 10 or more when
you create your input format:
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan.html#setCaching(int)

J-D